Wednesday 13 July 2011

Counting hatchlings

Legend has it that a fanged superwoman roams these parts under a full moon. She is an ambition android; the svelte owner of a gazillion complicated handbags and as many snowflake children as she desires. She eats competition cereal (fat-free) for breakfast, and her life motive is simply to make other women feel inferior.

Actually, superwomen don't exist. Even Big Foot and the Loch Ness Beastie know that.

Which is a good thing really, because superhumans of any sort are a drag at dinner parties. I reckon it's our warts that make us interesting.

All this is to say that I am taking up the lovely Mila of Here Under the Rainbow on her challenge to say: I am good enough. My efforts count. My quirks are the best part of me.

I like this linky in particular because it focuses on the best bits about blogging - expression, enjoyment and sharing.

To get into the habit of self-appreciation, I am patting my own back with one hand while flipping the bird in the general direction of over-achievement with the other. This complicates typing, so I will instead direct you towards the following three warty posts that I am rather proud of.

My best humour post
My taste is pretty low-brow, so I've naturally opted for toilet humour.

My best how-to post
I rarely dispense advice because I hate colouring inside the lines myself. However in a rare display of helpfulness, I strongly recommend that you toddle off to the kitchen right now and make fruity moonshine.

My best Charlie Brown post
That is, a much beloved but somewhat overlooked post. This one is very close to my heart. It's about a whole lotta nothin' - just love and the light returning after many days out in the wilderness - my main preoccupation in writing, and indeed in living.

Here is a no-obligation invitation to three wonderful bloggers to highlight their three favourite posts in the above categories as per Mila's wise example.

Frankie Parker

Multum in Parvo

SAHM Loving It

Guys, you may do this while patting your own backs, drinking fruity moonshine, and flipping overachievers the bird in a distinctly un-super fashion if you wish.

9 comments:

  1. Frankie Parker15 July 2011 at 17:09

    Cheers for the challenge, have accepted it... Just love your toilet post....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I look forward to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thanks! Will consider my favs and report back......

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I am patting my own back with one hand while flipping the bird in the general direction of over-achievement with the other." I am practicing this move at this very moment, and will be using it throughout the week and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, such a great post and a great idea! Why is it so hard to be good to ourselves, to pat our own selves on the back? We spend so much time giving that gift to others, we need to give it ourselves. Thanks for this beautiful reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for partaking FP - have just enjoyed reading the great trio of posts over at yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent, I look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Y'know, I think the world needs more back patting and bird flipping to be honest - thanks again for the reminder over at yours to do so in the first place :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Marion! You have a good point that we should do unto ourselves as we would do unto others :)

    ReplyDelete