Tuesday 8 March 2011

Potty-taping and other innovations

This is my first Post of the Week, as hosted by the wonderful Notes from Home (thank you Ella, a lovely idea).

I've been smiling ever since reading I am the perfect mother, learn from me by the marvelous Northern Mum with Southern Children. It is an expert discussion on how to 'coordinate at a senior (almost impossible) level' of motherhood by taping children to potties and surreptitiously bottle-feeding them lemonade - two activities that synergize nicely as it happens.

Although I may never hope to coordinate at such a senior level as this (maternally ambitious - yes- but a promotion to mother of three might prove fatal in my case), I felt so inspired by these tips, that I immediately tottered off to polish up my motherhood CV and lobby The Boss for a raise.

In other news, Mañana Mama made an appearance on the BMB blog over the weekend, which has left all the staff here at Chaos HQ feeling more giddy than Steve Martin in The Jerk when he gets his name in the phone book:



Now if you'll excuse me now, I'm off to work on my potty-training skills. First I need to buy some tape and lemonade...

4 comments:

  1. Great choice. Love Northern Mum and I'm always on the look out for tips to be the perfect mum, it's never going to happen for me but a girl can dream right?

    Congrats on being the BMB Blogger of the Week! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A well deserved blogger of the week award as your blog is lovely. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ella and Kerry, how kind. Ella, I am leagues from perfect, but I agree that with a little coaching for Northern Mum, there's hope for us yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A well deserved blogger of the week award as your blog is lovely. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete