Thursday 16 December 2010

16: Schwesterhood of the travelling nappies

Day 16 in Advent and I am pleased to report that Santa Claus, glass in hand, has just granted me my one Christmas wish: my sister. Apparently the cookie-based siren call was too strong to resist, so Tanta has booked a last-minute trip here for the holidays.
Two in a pair.
Tanta and I live an ocean away from the rest of our relatives. We have a history of spending Christmas together on our side of the world. Children have made this annual winter gathering logistically difficult in recent years. But Tanta, Onkle, Neffe (and Santa), brave people that they are, have pulled it off for another year running.

So a toast to sisters is in order, via Christina Rossetti:
For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; to cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.  
'Mwaaaaaaw!'

5 comments:

  1. That is so cute, I remember playing through the window with my brother!
    Glad to hear you'll have your sister with you at Xmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 2nd sister love!! Hi to sister and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama dear, Tanta here, I held Junebug up to the advent calendar just before bedtime yesterday, and he pulled out EXACTLY this pair of buttons. How awesome!! Love to you, can't wait for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Junebug! Must be some sort of telepathic button connection, how cool. Can't wait to see you guys...winter wonderland here today...

    ReplyDelete