- Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'em by MC Hammer of Hammer pants fame. That's right: Hammer time. Hammer pants. Say it ten times with a straight face and you get a cookie.
- Tiffany by er, Tiffany. Nabbed this one from my sister. So I blame her.
- Teaser and the Firecat by Cat Stevens. The soundtrack of my childhood, and still very close to my heart.
- Siamese Dream Smashing Pumpkins. Good old meat and potatoes adolescent angst.
- Nevermind by Nirvana. Absolves me for Hammer time, I like to think.
In other news, and in spite of my appalling taste in music, the lovely Molly of Mother's Always Right (who is in fact always correct, especially when it comes to libraries) nominated me for a Kreative Blogger award back in the mists of pre-move time. Thank you Molly!
As per the terms of the award, I am foisting my autograph on everyone I meet - they are mostly being polite about this - and have just compiled a list of factoids about me:
- I blame the Hammer time episode on a corruptive primary school friend, who really ought to have known better.
- I am not currently listening to MC Hammer.
- I don't actually wear Hammer pants, nor have I ever done so, although I did once wear moon boots.
- Any residual psychological damage from owning Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'em is being dealt with by a trained professional seal in regular therapy sessions.
- My lawyer will pursue legal action against anyone who tries to infer that I still listen to Hammer tunes, or indeed wear Hammer pants.
- I played the trumpet in high school.
- And the bass drum.
- And twirled a flag in the flag corps.
- Of a marching band.
- But not all at once. Even I can't touch that.
As per term two, here is a list of some wonderful bloggers I highly recommend:
All - thanks for sharing your work - it is such fun to read your blogs. Please pass the award on if, when, and how you see fit. As per the legalese, remember that use of this award is entirely at your own risk. The award should be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. And if you experience dizziness or nausea, you should consult your doctor immediately, or alternately take a break from thinking so darn much about the award.